Mark is an associate in Miller Thomson's Litigation Group with a general practice in civil litigation. He comes from a mediation background and represents clients with a focus on results and resolution of disputes. He has appeared before the Court of King's Bench, Provincial Court, and various administrative tribunals, representing clients in both Saskatchewan and Alberta.
Mark provides pragmatic advice and counsel in a number of areas, including:
General Litigation: personal injury, wrongful dismissal, medical malpractice
Commercial Litigation: contract disputes, debt recovery, corporate disputes
Construction Litigation: builder’s liens, contract interpretation and enforcement
Wills and Estates: drafting of wills and powers of attorney
Criminal Law: medical cannabis defence, Charter challenges
Mark has taught negotiation and dispute resolution at the University of Saskatchewan’s College of Law since 2014. He has appeared as a speaker and/or moderator before the Canadian Bar Association, the Saskatchewan Trial Lawyer’s Association, and the Saskatoon Criminal Defence Lawyer’s Association.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Mark worked as a mediator for the Dispute Resolution Office for nine years primarily mediating civil disputes. In addition, he maintained a small solo general practice.
- Sessional Lecturer, Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, College of Law, University of Saskatchewan, 2016 – Present
- Sessional Lecturer, Mediation, College of Law, University of Saskatchewan, 2014 – 2016
- Guest Speaker, CBA Civil Litigation North Section, October 2022
- Panelist, “Mandatory Mediation in the Era of COVID-19”, Saskatoon Trial Lawyer’s Association, May 2022
- Panelist and Moderator, Closing Plenary “Clearing the Smoke: An Update on Marijuana Legalization”, February, 2017
- Former Coach, various Saskatoon track and field clubs and the University of Saskatchewan Huskies, 2013 – 2021
- Saskatoon Criminal Defence Lawyer’s Association
Bar admissions & education
- Saskatchewan Bar, 2014
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan College of Law, 2012
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Calgary Haskayne School of Business, 2009