Marie-Pier Barabé focuses her practice on construction law as well as real estate and commercial litigation. She advises construction industry stakeholders at every stage of their projects. Marie-Pier also pleads before various judicial bodies in Quebec.
Her wide range of experience has allowed her to broaden her knowledge of construction law and refine her litigation skills in the following areas:
Construction litigation: Disputes arising from construction defects and deficiencies; professional liability; liquidated damages; additional costs; and the tendering process
Commercial and real estate litigation: Representation before courts; representation for extraordinary remedies and settlement negotiations; commercial leasing disputes, shareholder disputes, sale of businesses; and contract interpretation
Insurance litigation: Disputes regarding the interpretation of insurance contracts and the duty to defend and indemnify
Professional achievements & leadership
- Leroux Côté Burrogano Excellence Award
- Coauthor of “Les dernières modifications législatives apportées aux exonérations de la Loi concernant les droits sur les mutations immobilières,” Droit immobilier, 5e Édition, Collection Blais, 2018, p.p. 85-114.
- Instructor for courses Exécution de travaux (performance of works), Relations de travail (labour relations) and Gestion de projets et de chantiers (project and construction site management) for future Régie du bâtiment licence holders.
- Marie-Pier was involved for over two years with the Committee of young professionals at The Lighthouse Children and Families, an organization specialized in family-centered
- Québec Bar
- Young Bar of Montréal
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 2015
- Université de Montréal, LL.B, 2014
- University College Cork, legal studies session, 2013