Lucy Schilling practices in the Capital Markets & Securities group with particular focus on securities, corporate finance and corporate/commercial law. She works closely with clients to close their transactions in a timely, organized and cost-effective manner. Her practical and solution-oriented approach to solving problems allows her to contribute collaboratively and creatively on any given project.
Lucy advises on general corporate and commercial matters, securities and stock exchange requirements as well as continuous disclosure, corporate governance and various securities and stock exchange related issues. She has represented numerous reporting issuers in the negotiation, structuring and completion of a wide variety of transactions including initial and secondary public offerings, private placement financing as well as plans of arrangement, amalgamations, spinout transactions, stock exchange listings, take-over bids, reverse take-overs and merger transactions.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson LLP, Lucy practiced securities and corporate law for over 15 years at a leading boutique securities firm.
Lucy has lectured on numerous occasions for the Continuing Legal Education Society British Columbia on topics including corporate governance as well as securities and corporate law matters and chairs the CLE’s Securities Law Fundamentals Course. She is a past speaker for the FCI-CWI Women in Leadership Conference and serves on the organizing committee for Dress for Success Vancouver’s annual Impact 360 fundraising gala.
- Counsel to Midas Gold Corp. in its C$19.9 million bought deal equity financing by way of shelf prospectus supplement
- Counsel to Alexco Resource Corp. in its US$6.5 million bought deal equity financing by way of shelf prospectus supplement
- Counsel to Western Copper and Gold Corporation in its brokered private placement of flow-through shares for gross proceeds of C$3.3 million
- Canadian counsel to BeMetals Corp. in respect of its option agreement with Thunder Mountain Gold, Inc. to acquire a 100% interest in the South Mountain Project
- Counsel to Midas Gold Corp. in its private placement of common shares issued to Barrick Gold Corporation for gross proceeds of US$38 million
- Counsel to Alexco Resource Corp. in its bought deal private placement of flow-through common shares for gross proceeds of C$3.5 million
- Counsel to Libby K Industries Inc. in its initial public offering as a capital pool company on the TSX Venture Exchange
- “Cease Trade Orders” – CLEBC Advanced Securities Course, 2017
- “E-Governance” – CLEBC Corporate Governance Course, 2017
- “Having a Sponsor: the Key to Achieving Your Career Goals” – FCI-CWI Women in Leadership Conference, 2015
- “Prospectus Exemption Update – 2015” – CLEBC Securities Fundamentals Course, 2015
- “The How-To Guide to Smooth Closings” – CLEBC Securities Fundamentals Course, 2014
- “Plans of Arrangement” – CLEBC Securities Fundamentals Course, 2013
- “Initial Public Offerings: Closings” – CLEBC Securities for Junior Lawyers & Legal Support Staff: Creating and Advising a Public Company course, 2010
- Serves on the organizing committee for Dress for Success Vancouver’s annual Impact 360 fundraising gala
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2004
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2003
- B.A., University of British Columbia, 2000