Lucie Lanctuit practices in civil and commercial litigation. She provides advice and represents individuals and corporations before courts of law. Perfectly bilingual, Lucie counsels and represents her clients in both French and English.
Lucie practises mainly in the fields of contractual and shareholder disputes. She specializes in complex litigation and appeals. At the beginning of her career, Lucie clerked for the Honourable Justice Pierre J. Dalphond of the Court of Appeal of Quebec.
Lucie has particular expertise in commissions of inquiry. Before joining our firm, she acted as legal counsel to the Commission of Inquiry on the Awarding and Management of Public Contracts in the Construction Industry (Charbonneau Commission).
During her studies, Lucie was Executive Editor of the McGill Law Journal and interned at the Superior Court of Quebec for the Honourable Justice Danielle Richer.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Benchmark Canada, Future Star: Dispute resolution, 2020
- “Trucs et astuces de la magistrature” interview with the Honorable Pierre J. Dalphond, CRL Blog, January 27, 2015
- “Clauses contractuelles de recouvrement de frais extrajudiciaires”, CRL Blog, February 3, 2014
- Member of the Liaison Committee with the Superior Court, Commercial Division, 2018-2021
- Student Ambassador Program, McGill University, Faculty of Law, since 2014
- Member of the Research and Legislation Committee, Young Bar of Montréal, 2013-2016
- Volunteer, Dans la rue, 2012
- Member, Board of directors, DynamO Théâtre
- Young Bar of Montréal
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 2011
- B.C.L/LL.B., McGill University, 2010
- Master, Institut d’Études Politiques d’Aix-en-Provence, 2007