Lonnie Brodkin-Schneider is a corporate-commercial lawyer with a strong transactional focus. She has considerable expertise in intellectual property and trademark law including marketing, advertising, packaging, and labeling. Lonnie also specializes in pharmaceutical and food and beverage regulatory issues, advising companies and leading transactions in these industries. In addition, she advises domestic and international companies on issues relating to the Charter of the French Language. Lonnie regularly leads and coordinates teams for international acquisitions and reorganization projects.
Lonnie advises domestic and multinational corporations on a range of transactional, regulatory, IP and franchise issues. In addition, she has acted as a director of the subsidiaries of a number of these corporations. Lonnie is a registered Canadian trademark agent, providing strategic branding advice to clients in a wide variety of industries.
She is a frequent presenter at industry conferences on a variety of topics, including phamaceutical and food and beverage regulations, advertising, corporate transactions, and intellectual property. She is an active member of several professional associations.
Lonnie has given courses and seminars on corporate transactions and intellectual property on behalf of the Canadian Institute, the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association, the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, and the International Trademark Association. She is the author of the chapter on the Charter of the French Language in Business Laws of Canada, (West, 2009,) and a contributor to other chapters, notably, the chapter on advertising and marketing.
- ”New Signage Laws Coming into Force in Quebec”, Marketing, Advertising & Product Compliance Communiqué, November 23, 2016
- ”Draft Regulations Relating to Signage in Quebec and French Language”, Intellectual Property (IP) and Information Technology (IT) Law Practice Group Alert, article written with Catherine M. Dennis Brooks, May 12, 2016
- Author of the chapter on the Charter of the French Language and co-author of the chapter on marketing law, Business Laws of Canada: West, 2009
- Member, Executive Committee of the Québec Branch of the Canadian Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Telecommunications
- Member, Tademark Administrators Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA), 2018-2019
- Past member, Emerging Issues Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Past member, Pharmaceutical Subcommittee – Laws and Regulations Committee, INTA
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 1989
- LL.B. and B.C.L., McGill University, 1988
- M.L.S., Indiana University, 1979
- B.A., McGill University, 1977