Lisen Bassett is developing a diversified labour and employment practice, representing both employers and employees in matters ranging from human rights and labour standards, to health and safety and corporate employment policies, federal and provincial labour relations, and terminations at all levels. Lisen takes a people-first approach to her practice, recognizing that an understanding of the nuances of employer-employee relationships is vitally important to the successful resolution of disputes.
Lisen obtained her B.C.L./LL.B. from McGill University after completing a Bachelor of Arts in Honours Philosophy with a minor in Environmental Studies, also from McGill. During her law degree, Lisen competed in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, and as a Teacher’s Assistant for Legal Ethics and Advocacy, helped coordinate second year moots.
- Secretary of the Board of Directors, Climate Reality Project Canada
- Student Ambassador, Court Accompaniment Program
- Volunteer, Legal Information Clinic, McGill University
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar , 2019
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts, McGill University, 2014