Lauren Parrish has a broad practice focusing on litigation for private and public health industry clients before Ontario’s courts and administrative tribunals. She specializes in medical malpractice, professional negligence, professional disciplinary matters, and regulatory issues. Lauren has a strong knowledge of the unique legal issues facing the health industry and is focused on providing practical, risk-managed solutions and strategies for her clients.
Lauren is actively engaged with pro bono and volunteer work, particularly in the areas of mental health and disability. She has worked as a volunteer with Reach Canada, an organization that provides lawyer referral services to clients with a disability. She sits as a member of the Research Ethics Board for the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. She is a recipient of the Osgoode Certificate in Mental Health Law.
Lauren joined Miller Thomson as a summer student in 2013. She was called to the Ontario Bar in 2015 after completing her articles with the firm.
- “Vicarious Liability: When is a Health Care Facility Responsible?“, presented with Lisa Spiegel, Coffee Talk: A Health Seminar Series, November 15, 2017
- “Have You Been Called as a Witness? The Good, the Bad and the Expert Witness”, presented with Andrea Farkouh, Coffee Talk: A Health Seminar Series, October 26, 2016
- “Legislative Update, Risk and Compliance,” presented with Kathryn Frelick, Coffee Talk: A Health Seminar Series, February 17, 2016
- What Health Facilities Need to Know About QCIPA 2016, Health Communiqué, May 11, 2016
- Co-author with Kathryn Frelick, “What Health Facilities Need to Know about QCIPA 2016,” Health Communiqué, May 11, 2016
- Co-author with Kathryn Frelick, “Changes to Food and Drugs Act Address Patient Safety–Passage of Vanessa’s Law,” Ontario Bar Association, online, November 14, 2014
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- The Advocates’ Society
- Research Ethics Board, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- J.D. (Dean’s list), University of Ottawa, 2014One semester academic exchange, University of Graz, 2014
- B.A. (combined, political science and international development studies, honours, Dean’s list), Dalhousie University, 2011