Kevork Kevorkian is a Partner in the Tax Group at the Montreal office.
Having notarized a large number of wills and protection mandates, Kevork specializes in the areas of estate and asset protection.
Kevork founded his notary practice as a generalist in 1994 as the new Civil Code of Québec was introduced, developing an affinity for personal and estate law over the next 15 years.
This passion led him to spend seven years with two major Canadian financial institutions, where he worked closely with the industry’s most experienced experts to provide partners and their clients exclusive wealth management services.
In 2015, he became a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), an international organization founded in England in 1991 and composed of over 20,000 professionals.
Being one of the first notaries in his community, his private practice attracted a wide range of matters, from funding and acquisition transactions in real estate law to various spheres of matrimonial law.
Kevork facilitated the legal portion of marriage preparation courses at the Notre-Dame-De-Nareg Armenian Catholic Church in Saint-Laurent. He has also shared his knowledge in the areas of estate and gifts through presentations to various organizations, including senior associations and financial institutions.
During his time as an in-house expert with Scotia Private Client Group and TD Wealth, Kevork constantly exchanged with peers from common law provinces on joint matters and comparative law.
- Legal counsel and officiating notary in the acquisition of the École Notre-Dame de Nareg in Laval
- Legal counsel and notary for the St. Gregory the Illuminator Armenian Cathedral in Outremont
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) since 2015
Bar admissions & education
- Protective Supervision Certification, 1999
- Notarial Law Diploma, Université de Montréal, 1994
- LL.L, University of Ottawa, 1993