Katrina Kairys practices charities and not-for-profit law as a member of the Social Impact Group. Katrina advises charities, not-for-profits and social enterprises with a variety of matters, including governance, incorporation, charitable registration, tax compliance, and gift agreements. She assists charities with revocation and dissolution, as well as mergers and amalgamations. Katrina employs results-oriented strategies to help clients achieve their missions while navigating the complex regulatory framework.
Katrina joined Miller Thomson in 2018 as a summer student and completed her articles at the firm in 2020. Katrina obtained an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Social Psychology from McGill University in 2015 where she was awarded the Dow-Hickson Scholarship for high academic achievement. She then completed her law degree at the University of Toronto in 2019 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2020.
- Executive Member, Charity Law Interest Group, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, 2016 – 2019
- Volunteer, Justice for Children and Youth, 2017 – 2018
- Researcher, David Asper Centre for Constitutional Rights, 2016 – 2017
- Director, Toronto Standard Condominium Corporation 2298
- Law Society of Ontario
- Toronto Lawyers Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2020
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2019
- B.A. (Hons.), McGill University, 2015