Kathy Tang practices in the Capital Markets & Securities group, working in the areas of securities, corporate finance and corporate/commercial law. She has extensive transactional experience, assisting clients with a variety of matters such as initial public offerings, private placements, stock exchange listing applications, reverse takeovers, corporate restructurings and ongoing public company compliance.
Kathy brings valuable experience of involvement in policy initiatives of the Canadian Securities Administrators, acquired during time spent working at the BC Securities Commission.
Kathy is a frequent speaker, presenter and lecturer on various topics within her fields of expertise.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Securities Law, 2021 – 2022
- Frequent speaker for Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia
- Instructor for SFU Continuing Studies Course “Public Companies: Financing, Governance and Compliance”
- “Down Market Issues”, CLEBC Securities Fundamentals course, 2015
- “Subscription Agreements”, CLEBC Securities Fundamentals: Private Placements course, 2014
- “Plans of Arrangement: A Step-by-Step Guide”, CLEBC Securities Fundamentals: Plans of Arrangement, 2013
- “Prospectuses”, CLEBC Securities Fundamentals course, 2012
- “Corporate Governance: Best Practices”, CLEBC Securities for Junior Lawyers & Legal Support Staff course, 2011
- “IPOs: Drafting the Prospectus”, CLEBC Securities for Junior Lawyers & Legal Support Staff: Creating and Advising a Public Company course, 2010
- “Down Market Issues”, CLEBC Securities for Junior Lawyers & Legal Support Staff course, 2009
- “Fact Patterns for CPC IPO, Listing, and Qualifying Transaction”, CLEBC Capital Pool Companies for Junior Lawyers course, 2007
- “Public Company Continuous Disclosure”, CLEBC Securities Documentation course, 2006
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2000
- LL.B., University of British Columbia
- B.A., University of British Columbia