Katherine Cavan is an associate in Miller Thomson’s business law practice group. Katherine maintains a broad practice which focuses on a range of corporate and commercial law matters including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, and commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Katherine’s practice is focused on the following areas:
Corporate and Commercial: Katherine works closely with businesses and business owners on a variety of matters including incorporation, acquisitions/sales, restructuring, financing, and shareholder agreements.
Real Estate Transactions: Katherine represents clients in various residential and commercial transactions including purchase/sale, financing, and leasing transactions.
Katherine was born and raised in Guelph and is excited to establish her legal practice in her home town. Katherine is committed to giving back to the community and is actively involved with various charitable organizations in the region.
Katherine joined Miller Thomson as an associate after completing both summer student and articling terms with the firm. She completed her Juris Doctor at Queen’s University in 2016. During law school, Katherine was on the board of the Corporate Law and Investment Club. Katherine received her Bachelor of Arts and Sciences from the University of Guelph in 2012.
- Board member of the Career Education Council (Guelph-Wellington –Dufferin)
- Committee member of the Guelph Chamber of Commerce “Technology, Innovation & Big Data Committee”
- Committee member of the Guelph Chamber of Commerce “Food and Agricultural Committee”
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2017
- Juris Doctor, Queens University, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts & Sciences (Hons), specializing in Nutrition and Nutraceutical Sciences and Psychology, University of Guelph, 2012