Katherine Cavan is an associate in Miller Thomson's business law and real estate practice groups. She maintains a broad practice which focuses on a range of real estate, corporate, commercial and condominium law matters including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, condominium governance matters, and commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Katherine’s practice is focused on the following areas:
- Corporate and Commercial: Katherine works closely with businesses and business owners on a variety of matters including incorporation, acquisitions/sales, restructuring, financing, and shareholder agreements.
- Real Estate Transactions: Katherine represents clients in various residential and commercial transactions including purchase/sale, financing, and leasing transactions.
- Condominium Law: Katherine works with condominium corporations, condominium unit owners (residential and commercial), property management companies, and other entities involved in the condominium industry on a variety of condominium-related matters.
Katherine was born and raised in Guelph and is excited to establish her legal practice in her home town. She is committed to giving back to the community and is actively involved with various charitable organizations in the region.
Katherine joined Miller Thomson as an associate after completing both summer student and articling terms with the firm. She completed her Juris Doctor at Queen’s University in 2016. During law school, she was on the board of the Corporate Law and Investment Club. Katherine received her Bachelor of Arts and Sciences from the University of Guelph in 2012.
- Board member of the Career Education Council (Guelph-Wellington –Dufferin)
- Member, United Way Women United Committee
- Member, United Way Gennext Committee
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2017
- Juris Doctor, Queens University, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts & Sciences (Hons), specializing in Nutrition and Nutraceutical Sciences and Psychology, University of Guelph, 2012