Karly is an associate with the Real Estate Group. Her practice focuses on commercial real estate and general corporate matters, with a concentration on acquisitions and dispositions, real estate financing, development law and commercial leasing. She has acted for both corporate and individual purchasers and vendors, as well as banks, private lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured lending transactions, including real estate based transactions.
Karly summered and articled with Miller Thomson before joining the firm as an Associate in 2019. Karly completed her Juris Doctorate at the University of Ottawa and completed her Honours Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with Legal Studies and Research Specializations Options with distinction at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Prior to attending law school, Karly acquired a wide range of experience, having worked in the insurance industry and for two separate municipal governments on matters involving land acquisition and expropriation in connection with large public infrastructure projects. Karly’s expropriation experience includes partial and full takings covering various types of land interests.
- Former Mentor, Women’s Legal Mentorship Program
- Former Volunteer Companion, Alzheimer’s Society of Kitchener-Waterloo
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Waterloo Law Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, CREW Network
- Member, CREW Toronto
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario, 2019
- Juris Doctor, University of Ottawa, 2018
- B.A. Honours, Political Science and Legal Studies and Research Specialization Options, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2015