Kaitlynd maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice including corporate, insurance, contract, professional liability, and administrative disputes. Kaitlynd has experience drafting legal opinions, drafting court applications, and preparing submissions for both judicial and administrative proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, Kaitlynd articled to The Honourable Justice Grant Dunlop at the Alberta Court of King’s Bench. Kaitlynd obtained her Juris Doctor (JD) with Distinction from the University of Alberta in 2021, achieving Dean’s List status all three years. During law school, Kaitlynd volunteered with Student Legal Services and the Edmonton Community Legal Centre, served on the editing committee of the Alberta Law Review, and participated in the University of Alberta’s competitive moot program. Prior to law school, Kaitlynd obtained her Master of Science (MSc) in Bioethics with Distinction from Columbia University in the City of New York. She entered that program after completing her Bachelor of Science (BSc) at the University of Alberta, during which she spent a semester abroad at the National University of Singapore.
Outside of work, Kaitlynd loves to try new recipes, go on long bike rides, and perform with the Richard Eaton Singers.
Kaitlynd serves as a member-at-large on the Canadian Bar Association’s Young Lawyers national section. She also continues to volunteer her time with both the Alberta Court of King’s Bench Amicus Program and the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program.
Professional achievements & leadership
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Law Dean’s List, 2019 – 2021
- Bennett Jones LLP Award in Law, 2021
- Thomas Janakas & Peter Yanakas Prize in Criminal Law, 2019
- Canons of Construction Award, 2020
- TJ Costigan QC Memorial Prize in Torts, 2019
- Lecturer, Concordia University of Edmonton Environmental & Public Health Law Course, 2022
- Author, “Predictive Policing and the Charter,” 44:6 Man LJ 223, 2021
- Member-at-Large, Canadian Bar Association National Young Lawyers Section, 2022 – Present
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2022 – Present
- Volunteer, Court of King’s Bench Amicus Program, 2022 – Present
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre, 2019 – 2020
- Volunteer, Student Legal Services (Criminal Division), 2018 – 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
- Alberta Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2022
- Judicial Clerkship, Alberta Court of King’s Bench, 2021 – 2022
- Juris Doctor (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2021
- Master of Science (with distinction), Columbia University, 2016
- Bachelor of Science (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2014