Jessica Rubin is a lawyer working in legal project management and knowledge management at Miller Thomson. She supports and promotes the firm’s efficiency, service delivery, and business development initiatives by implementing legal project management, process improvement, and outsourcing tools.
As a member of the knowledge management team, Jessica works with the firm’s lawyers to capture, maintain, and disseminate intellectual capital and to enhance the firm’s culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration. She also works closely with practice group leaders to help define, implement, and monitor business development and practice group management goals.
Prior relevant experience
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Jessica practised commercial litigation at a boutique law firm in Toronto, where she advised and represented clients on a broad range of commercial litigation matters. She was also involved in helping to develop the firm’s marketing and brand management strategies.
As the Director of Sponsorship for Young Women in Law, and previously as a member of the organization’s events committee, Jessica has been instrumental in helping the organization raise over $80,000 for various charities since 2012.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Director of Sponsorship, Young Women in Law, 2014-current
- Awarded Entrance Scholarship, University of Pennsylvania, 2004
- Awarded Senator Frank Carrel Upper Year Scholarship for academic excellence, Queen’s University, 2002 and 2003
- Presenter, “Cost Estimates and Billing”, Practice Management for Litigators, The Law Society of Upper Canada, November 27, 2017
- Moderator, “There Is Life After Hire Back,” Young Women in Law, Toronto, June 2016
- Seminar Panelist, “How Not to Sabotage a Mediation: Learning Tips and Tricks from the Experts,” ADR Think Tank, Toronto, June 2015.
- “Transitioning to Value-Based Service Delivery Without Overhauling Your Practice”, Practice Management for Litigators, The Law Society of Upper Canada, November 2017
- Organizing Committee Member, Building Dreams fundraiser
- Mentor, GenHERation
- The Advocates’ Society
- American Bar Association
- The Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Women Executives & Entrepreneurs
- Lean In, Canadian Chapter
- New York State Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Young Women in Law
Bar admissions & education
- New York Bar, 2013
- Ontario Bar, 2011
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2009
- M.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- B.A. (honours), Queen’s University, 2004