Jessica is an associate in our litigation group who focuses on corporate/commercial litigation, construction disputes and debt recovery and enforcement.
Jessica received her Juris Doctorate of Law from the College of Law at the University of Saskatchewan in 2020. She was called to the Alberta bar in 2021 and to the Saskatchewan bar in 2023.
Prior to law school, Jessica went to school for and worked as a social worker. Her experience with client advocacy, case management, and project development provides her with a unique perspective that allows her to build genuine relationships and effectively strategize to advance the client’s needs, interests, goals, and priorities.
Jessica has appeared on matters before the Provincial and King’s Bench Courts in Alberta, having recently returned to her hometown of Saskatoon.
During law school, Jessica was actively involved in Pro Bono Students Canada. She was the Social Director for the Law Students’ Association in 2018 and 2019. She attended the International Law School Mediation Tournament at the Loyola School of Law in Chicago in 2020 as a member of the University of Saskatchewan College of Law Mediation and Advocacy Moot team.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Juris Doctorate, Justice John H. Maher Memorial Scholarship for Academics
- Bachelor of Social Work, Degree awarded with Academic Gold Prize
- Bachelor of Arts, Degree awarded with Great Distinction and Dean’s Honour List
- Amicus Volunteer Student-at-Law, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Former Board Member and Board Secretary, Saskatchewan Alternative Initiatives
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Saskatchewan Bar, 2023
- Alberta Bar, 2021
- Juris Doctorate, University of Saskatchewan, 2020
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Regina, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 2014