Jeff Selby practices real estate law and has over 30 years of experience in condominium law, making him a pioneer in this area. Jeff’s experience includes subdivision, development and redevelopment, construction, financing, taxation, leasing, purchase and sale, and syndication. He represents developers, financial institutions, insurance companies, pension funds, government bodies, and national and multinational corporations in real estate matters. Jeff has a particular interest in retail organizations, assisting in site acquisitions and development.
Jeff has taught and lectured in both legal and related programs. He has served on panels for continuing legal education and law reform. He has been recognized for his contributions to condominium development.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Property Leasing, 2020
- Jeff is a Professional Associate Member of the Canadian Condominium Institute and was recognized at the Calgary Condo Expo, 30th Anniversary of Condominium in Alberta 1997, as one of the pioneers of condominium law in Alberta
- Jeff has served as an instructor and lecturer of real estate with the University of Manitoba, the Law Society of Alberta, Bar Admission Course, The Canadian Condominium Institute, The Urban Development Institute, the Canadian Bar Association, the Calgary Real Estate Board and the International Conference of Shopping Centres. He has also presented a number of seminars on behalf of the LESA.
- He has published articles on real estate issues in the Canadian Bar Law Newsletter and Law Now.
- Formerly on Calgary Jewish Centre Board of Directors
- Professional Associate Member, Canadian Condominium Institute Member, Alberta Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Condominium Institute
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 1981
- Manitoba Bar, 1978
- LL.B., University of Manitoba, 1977
- B.A., University of Manitoba, 1973