Jacey Safnuk is an associate in Miller Thomson’s Saskatoon office practicing in the area of commercial litigation. Jacey has experience in the fields of civil litigation, insolvency, and municipal law.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson in 2018 as an articling student, Jacey attended the University of Saskatchewan’s College of Law, graduating with Distinction. Jacey also obtained her Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Finance with Great Distinction from the University of Saskatchewan in 2014.
During her time at the College of Law, Jacey was a member of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Team, earning a second place finish for their written factum, as well as competed in the Canadian National Negotiation Competition, winning the regional competition and going on to place fourth nationally. Jacey was also heavily involved in student governance, holding positions such as the President of the Edwards Business Students’ Society and the Vice President of Finance for the Law Students’ Association.
In her free time, Jacey enjoys golfing, reading, and visiting the family acreage.
- Co-Presenter, “SUMA Webinar: How to Prosecute Bylaws” to Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association on June 14, 2019.
- Co-Presenter, “Negotiating Contracts in the Business World” to WESK on May 29, 2019.
- Co-Author, “What Exemption? – Pitfalls and Stumbling Blocks in CASL and Privacy Compliance”, Miller Thomson Cybersecurity Blog, April 5, 2019.
- Co-Author, “Data Breach Reporting Obligations in Saskatchewan”, Miller Thomson Cybersecurity Blog, March 14, 2019.
- Co- Author, “Bill C-69 – Out with the Old, In With The… New?”, Breaking Ground: MT Construction Law Western Canada, November 8, 2018.
- Member of 100 Women Who Care
- WESK – Legal Advisor
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Farm Advisors
Bar admissions & education
- Saskatchewan Bar, 2019
- University of Saskatchewan College of Law: Juris Doctor – Major in Law with Distinction, 2018
- Edwards School of Business: Bachelor of Commerce – Major in Finance with Great Distinction, 2014