Scott Galajda is a highly experienced solicitor who has worked for over a decade in corporate, real estate, and municipal law. His experience includes such corporate transactions as acquisitions, divestitures, and financing as well as contract negotiation. Scott’s real estate expertise covers many types of residential and commercial properties, including condominiums.
Scott provides pragmatic advice and counsel in the following areas:
Corporate law: representing clients in a variety of general corporate matters, including business acquisitions, divestitures, and financing, shareholder relationships, and contract negotiation.
Real estate: representing clients in the acquisition, sale, and financing of a variety of classes of properties including multi-residential, commercial, and industrial. Scott has particular expertise in matters related to property development, including condominium development.
Municipal law: providing advice to both land owners and municipalities on a variety of municipal matters. Scott acts as general counsel for several municipalities, enhancing his ability to provide balanced legal advice to a variety of clients.
Scott is an active member of his community, and has held a number of directorship positions on non-profit and charitable organizations, as well as industry groups.
- “Environmental Contamination and Property Taxes,” EnviroNotes!, November 2004
- Board of Directors, Guelph Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Fergus-Elora Rotary Foundation
- Board Member, Upper Grand Learning Foundation
- Guelph Chamber of Commerce
- Ontario Agri Business Association
- Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Law Society of Ontario
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2002
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School
- B.A. (honours), Wilfrid Laurier University