Allison is an active member of Miller Thomson’s Private Client Services group. She works with other team members to ensure that clients’ succession planning needs are handled effectively and efficiently. Allison understands planning for the future can be takes foresight, experience and compassion. For over a decade, Allison Barkwell has been providing precisely these skills to clients with their succession planning needs.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Allison practiced at mid-sized provincial law firm providing advice to clients on estate administration matters, estate planning and all other aspects of succession planning.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Speaker for Edmonton Community Foundation Wills Week
- Contributor to the 2016 update to the Alberta Wills and Estates Practice Manual
- Edmonton Community Legal Center
- Board Member – Valour Place
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning Council
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2006
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2005
- Bachelor of Education, Concordia University of Edmonton, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta,1998