Gina’s practice focuses on insolvency and restructuring litigation as well as complex commercial litigation. She provides pragmatic and personalized advice to align with her clients’ objectives. She recognizes that no two clients are the same, and works diligently from day one to recommend the most effective path forward.
Gina’s key areas of focus:
- Insolvency and Restructuring: court-appointed receivers and trustees; reorganizations under the CCAA and BIA; creditors’ remedies
- Commercial Litigation: alternative dispute resolution; breach of contract; shareholder disputes
She joins Miller Thomson with a range of experience representing individuals and corporations in Canada and the United States. Practicing in these jurisdictions has provided Gina the opportunity to work with a diverse group of clients.
As litigation counsel for a national accounting and assurance firm, Gina acquired a unique perspective of corporate values and risk appetite in legal matters. Her experience includes statutory and contractual interpretation, working with court-appointed receivers and trustees, and preparing responses to regulatory complaints and inquiries.
Gina has also represented clients in various situations arising in corporate commercial litigation. Her dedication, attention to detail, and ability to fully analyze both strengths and weaknesses of client matters at inception makes her an excellent advocate for each of her clients.
- The Legal Landscape in the COVID-19 Era, The Lawyer’s Daily, April 17, 2020
- Florida Standard for Expert Opinions Uncertain After Decision, Daily Business Review, March 7, 2017
- Pro Bono Ontario Legal Advice Hotline Volunteer, August 2021 – present
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2020
- Florida Bar, 2015
- Juris Doctor, University of Miami School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology, University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Modern Dance Performance, University of South Florida