George Nystrom is a tax and trusts and estates lawyer with more than 30 years of experience helping clients with a variety of income tax, estate, and trust planning strategies. He has worked with new and existing businesses as well as professional corporations, partnerships, and family businesses.
George’s practice focuses on the areas of:
Incorporation: existing and startup businesses; professional corporations for doctors, dentists, veterinarians, accountants, and lawyers; and holding corporations.
Partnerships: general partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability partnerships for small businesses and professionals.
Trusts: a wide range of trust applications, both testamentary and inter vivos, including discretionary family trusts, alter ego trusts, joint partner trust, and Henson trusts.
Joint ventures: property development and agriculture.
Wills: estate planning with tax-planned wills.
Succession planning: for businesspersons, including farmers.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada, Tax Law; Trusts and Estates, 2013 – 2019
- “Federal Budget Review,” 2013
- “Employee Profit Sharing Plans—Changes to Come,” Tax Notes, December 2011
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Saskatchewan Bar, 1987
- In Depth Tax Course (Parts I and II), Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, 1999
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1986
- B.A., University of Regina, 1976
- B.Ed., University of Regina, 1976