Eric is an insurance lawyer. He provides comprehensive coverage advice on every type of insurance and defends complex, high-exposure claims in all insurance contexts, including Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, Commercial General Liability and other specialty coverages.
Eric is a privacy and cybersecurity lawyer. He is a certified Canadian information privacy professional (CIPP/C) and cyber incident first responder. He helps clients navigate Canada’s federal and provincial privacy law framework, offering guidance on threat neutralization, data classification, breach reporting, and regulatory compliance.
Eric is a trial lawyer. He has taken multiple high-stakes cases to trial. He has successfully defended clients ranging from mom-and-pop vendors to international conglomerates against a broad range of claims, including catastrophic personal injury, privacy breach, environmental contamination, property damage, product liability, professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty. He has significant experience with every aspect of the litigation process, and he has achieved positive outcomes in dozens of mediations.
Eric previously worked with a boutique insurance firm in the United States, where he served as coverage counsel and lead trial counsel responsible for setting defense strategy for a wide variety of high-stakes cases.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, Canada (CIPP/C), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Frederick H. Weisberg, Superior Court, District of Columbia, 2010 – 2011
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable James E. Boasberg, Superior Court, District of Columbia, 2009 – 2010
- President, Board of Directors, The NOLA Project, New Orleans, LA, 2013 – 2018
- Board of Directors, Alliance for Affordable Energy, New Orleans, LA, 2013 – 2015
- Board of Directors, Bridges Public Charter School, Washington, D.C., 2010 – 2011
- New York State Bar Association
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- Louisiana Bar (inactive), 2012
- Washington D.C. Bar (inactive), 2010
- New York Bar (inactive), 2009
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2008
- B.F.A. (Acting), Syracuse University, 2002
- Fellow, Loyola University Institute of Politics, 2014