Enzo Di Iorio is the Chair of Miller Thomson’s Litigation Practice Group and sits on the firm’s Executive Committee. In addition to his leadership responsibilities, Enzo has a varied and diverse practice which allows for his clients to see him as their trusted advisor and call upon him to provide general counsel and strategic advice for all aspects of their business. Having served an “in-house” and general advisory role for his clients over the years has enabled Enzo to develop a unique, pragmatic and business-oriented approach when he is asked to handle litigation and risk avoidance issues for his clients or manage their corporate and commercial needs.
Enzo takes great pride in his ability to anticipate and identify problems for his clients and offer solutions to those problems without any hint of indecisiveness. Enzo attributes this skill to his long and distinguished career as a commercial and construction litigator having appeared before all levels of Court in Ontario successfully representing large and reputable Canadian and International companies, Financial Institutions, Municipalities, Universities, School Boards, Real Estate Builders and Developers, General Contractors, Subcontractors, Business Owners and Entrepreneurs.
From 2015 to 2017, Enzo served as the National Leader of Miller Thomson’s Construction Litigation Group.
Miller Thomson’s full-service platform, with leading lawyers across the Country in a variety of disciplines has enhanced Enzo’s offering to his clients. With the support of his professional colleagues in major cities and business centers across Canada, Enzo has been able to handle and supervise the legal demands of his entire clientele in any industry having represented their interests in corporate/commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organizations, secured financings, tax issues, HR and talent management, estate and succession planning, litigation, risk avoidance and policy creation and development.
Enzo earned a Bachelor of Laws degree from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1993 and was admitted to the Ontario Bar in 1995.
Enzo is actively involved in the community. Enzo sits on the Board of Directors for the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce and Villa Charities’ seniors’ residence in York Region, Villa Colombo Vaughan. He is also involved with the Canadian Italian Business Professionals Association, the McMichael Art Gallery’s Moonlight Gala and Richview Manor’s Strides for Stroke supporting Mackenzie Health. Enzo supports a variety of charitable events, including the Ride to Conquer Cancer and Shining Through Centre for Children with Autism.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Litigation – Corporate Commercial, 2019
- Loreto v. Little Morello Vettese Segreto (fiduciary duties, client solicitation and duties of confidentiality for lawyers departing a law firm)
- 1331679 Ontario Inc. v. The Corporation of the City of Brampton et al. (interlocutory injunction preventing municipality from enforcing tax sale of property)
- Litigation Counsel to a developer and general contractor in relation to a construction dispute over a $200 million multi-phased municipal expansion P3 project
- Litigation Counsel to a Canadian university relating to a dispute over a multi-million-dollar construction contract
- Representation of commercial developers in relation to the sale of a multi-million-dollar condominium project involving five residential high rise buildings in York Region
- General Counsel to a corporate borrower in relation to a $60 million syndicated loan transaction
- Represented investors during the negotiation of a real estate joint venture project involving the development of a multi-phased condominium project in Vaughan, Ontario
- “Industry Perspectives: Change That Impacts the Breach of Trust Claim,” The Daily Commercial News, January 25, 2016
- Board of Directors, Villa Colombo Vaughan
- Served as minor hockey coach for Duffield Devils and Vaughan Rangers hockey clubs
- Member of the Board of Directors, Villa Colombo Vaughan
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Italian Business Professionals Association (CIBPA)
- Canadian Italian Advocates’ Organization (CIAO)
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 1995
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1993