Emily Durst is developing a broad practice in commercial litigation, insurance defence litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Emily maintains a collaborative approach to the practice of law while ensuring effective and client-focused advocacy.
Emily joined the firm as an associate after summering and completing her articles at Miller Thomson. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Ottawa. Prior to her legal studies, Emily worked at Queen’s Park as an advisor to a cabinet minister, providing political and public policy advice in the areas of post-secondary education and economic development.
- Volunteer with local federal and provincial Liberal riding associations
- Volunteer, Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Member, Waterloo Law Association
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, Ontario and Canadian Bar Associations
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario, 2015
- Juris Doctor, University of Ottawa, 2014
- B.A., (political science and business with a specialization in human resource management, honours), University of Waterloo, 2005