Eduardo Krupnik, Ph.D., counsels clients on patent and trademarks strategies, including the preparation and prosecution of patents and trademarks in Canada and the United States. He also helps clients with the preparation of company-wide IP strategies.
Eduardo has experience drafting and negotiating complex contractual arrangements that relate to the transfer, commercialization, or discovery of intellectual property, including assignments and licenses.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Eduardo worked in health sciences, where he was involved in the management of sponsor-, institution-, and investigator-initiated clinical trials, research collaboration agreements, consulting agreements, and other research-related contractual arrangements. Eduardo has also been involved in policy drafting, including policies regarding confidentiality, research contracts, and intellectual property.
Eduardo’s comprehensive practice includes advising clients on matters related to:
Patents: preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the United States and Canada.
Trademarks: preparation and prosecution of trademark applications in Canada.
Licensing: licensing that relates to the transfer, commercialization, or discovery of intellectual property.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Recipient, the Manitoba Health Research Council Studentship
- Recipient, the University of Manitoba Scholarship
- Recipient, the Wolinsky Award
- “The Ins and Outs of IP,” Water Canada, March/April, 2012
- Member, Clinical Research Ethics Committee, University of Waterloo.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Middlesex Law Association
- Member, London Chamber of Commerce
- Member, TechAlliance
- Member, Association of University Technology Managers
- Member, Licensing Executive Society
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2002
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School
- Ph.D., (Oncology), University of Manitoba/NRC
- M.Sc., (Neuroscience), University of Manitoba
- B.Sc., (Hons. Genetics), University of Manitoba