David LeDrew is a litigator with a specialized practice in insurance defence. He provides timely, practical, and efficient legal advice to his clients.
David has extensive litigation experience in both drafting and appearing before judges, masters, and arbitrators.
David’s practice includes acting on behalf of individuals and insurers in a wide range of areas, including construction, professional indemnity, personal injury, subrogation, fraud, property damage, and real estate.
While practicing in Ontario, David has appeared before the Court of Appeal, the Superior Court of Justice, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, and the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, David worked as an associate at a mid-sized insurance defence firm in Toronto. During that time, David gained valuable hands-on experience working on behalf of insurers. Before that, he was a student at a specialized commercial litigation firm.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Past Counsel of the Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- “Ontario Limitations: Waiting to Complete Examinations for Discovery to Identify Potential Tortfeasors?” Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, April 7, 2016
- “Conduct of Defence Counsel: A Lesson from the Bench,” Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, June 2015
- “Recent Case Confirms Importance of Ensuring Adequate Insurance Coverage,” Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, September 2011
- Past member, Speakers Committee, Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
- Past VP, Finance, Environmental Law Society, Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
- Past VP, Speakers and Event Planning, Environmental Law Society, Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Member, Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2010
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2009
- B.A., Concordia University, 2003