Dan Chubb maintains a broad corporate/commercial practice and has significant experience in the areas of banking and financial services, commercial real estate, mergers and acquisitions, and franchise law. Dan is committed to delivering excellent client service. His experience with various facets of corporate/commercial law ensures a quick understanding and analysis of his clients’ challenges, objectives, and business needs.
Dan provides pragmatic advice and counsel in a number of areas, including:
Commercial real estate transactions / commercial leasing: Dan routinely advises Canadian and international clients on a diverse range of real estate matters, including real property acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, and new project developments. His clients include financial institutions, non-profit corporations, international developers and investors, agricultural and industrial businesses, and commercial retailers.
Banking and financial services: Dan has significant experience representing financial institutions, private lenders, and borrowers in a variety of secured and unsecured debt financing transactions, including single lender and syndicated financings, asset-based and mortgage financings, acquisition financings, and multijurisdictional or cross-border lending.
Dan is a frequent presenter to industry groups and associations on legal developments in the areas of banking and commercial real estate.
Dan is an active member of his community, and currently sits on the Board of Directors for the Sherwood Park District Soccer Association.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law, 2019-2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Property Leasing, 2020
- Alberta Law Editor, Chapter 18: “Real Estate” in Business Laws of Canada, 2014-2015 ed.
- Board Member, The Sherwood Park District Soccer Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2007
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2006
- B.A. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2002