Calvin Weekes practices planning, expropriation, municipal and commercial real estate law.
Calvin advises a variety of clients ranging from municipal authorities, public institutions and private developers on planning, expropriation and land development matters. He has experience representing clients before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal and the Toronto Local Appeal Body.
Prior to commencing his law degree, Calvin received a BES Planning (Honours) degree from the University of Waterloo. Calvin worked as an Urban and Regional Planner for eight years and he draws on his planning experience to provide value-added advice to clients.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson LLP, Calvin articled at a large national firm.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association, Municipal Law Section
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Urban Land Institute
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2021
- Trinidad and Tobago Bar, 2017
- National Committee on Accreditation Certificate of Qualification, Federation of Law Societies of Canada, 2019
- Legal Education Certificate, Hugh Wooding Law School, 2017
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of the West Indies, 2015
- Master of Laws (LL.M) Public Law, University of the West Indies, 2012
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies (BES), Planning (Honours), University of Waterloo, 2009