Bryan Kickham is a commercial litigation lawyer advising Albertan and Canadian corporations on a wide array commercial and business-related disputes. He is also a skilled mediator with experience in a broad range of legal disputes.
In his commercial litigation practice, Bryan has particular focus on shareholder issues including general oppression proceedings and shareholder or employment-related oppression proceedings; he has been involved in a number of complex and major cases in those areas. Bryan also maintains a general commercial litigation practice relating to contract disputes and commercial lease disputes. His mediation work covers a broad spectrum of legal disputes varying from contractual matters to personal injury.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Recognized by Best Lawyers ® as the 2017 Corporate Law as well as International Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year”, Edmonton
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate and Commercial Litigation; International Arbitration, 2006-2019
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2006
- Former Board Member, Junior Achievement of Northern Alberta and Northwest Territories
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Subsection
- Roster Mediator, Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 1975
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1974
- B.A., University of Alberta, 1971
Miller Thomson lawyers recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2019
In the just released 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada, 144 Miller Thomson lawyers from across the country have been recognized for their expertise in 47 areas of law. This includes 6 lawyers who were awarded “Lawyer of the Year” in...
Miller Thomson lawyers recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017
126 Miller Thomson lawyers from across the country and in numerous areas of law have been recognized for their expertise in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada. This result is up from 122 lawyers ranked last year....
A record 122 Miller Thomson lawyers recognized in 2016 Best Lawyers in Canada
Miller Thomson lawyers from across the country were today recognized in The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2016. A total of 122 lawyers across various areas of law were recognized for their industry expertise—up from 107 last year. Miller Thomson is...
Miller Thomson recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers in Canada
We are pleased to announce that 80 Miller Thomson lawyers have been recognized in the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada (this is 15 more lawyers than last year). Seventeen lawyers are new to the list. Additionally, the following lawyers from...