Bryan Hosking is a member of Miller Thomson’s Restructuring & Insolvency Group, as well as the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group.
Bryan has broad experience in security enforcement, secured and unsecured debt collection, and commercial and residential foreclosures. Bryan also has experience in acting for Receivers, Trustees, and Creditors in various insolvency proceedings.
In addition to Bryan’s Restructuring & Insolvency practice, he also maintains a strong commercial litigation practice, and has experience in several areas of litigation, including corporate and commercial disputes, shareholder disputes, employment matters, and personal injury claims. In addition to appearing before the Alberta Courts, Bryan has defended matters before the Alberta Human Rights Commission. Bryan has also served as a Bylaw Prosecutor for a neighboring Edmonton municipality. He strongly believes in giving back to the community and actively volunteers with the Court Assistance Program (Queen’s Bench Amicus Program) as well as Civil Claims Duty Counsel.
In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, exploring new cuisines, and spending time with his daughter.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2022
- Zarina Visnani Award for Excellence in Islamic Studies (2011)
- Co-authored, “Lessons for lenders: Personal knowledge and addressing the evidentiary burden remains key,” Miller Thomson Communiqué, May 21, 2021
- Co-contributor, “Making the Right Decision on Enforcement Options Under the Personal Property Security Act,” Legal Education Society of Alberta, May 2017
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel
- Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program
- Student Legal Services Civil and Family Division, 2013-2014
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2017
- J.D., University of Alberta, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, University of Alberta, 2012