Bernard Blouin practises business law. He was the Managing Partner of the Montréal office from 2015 to 2016 and Miller Thomson's Practice Group Chair, Business Law, from 2017 to 2019. With more than 25 years of experience in corporate finance, venture capital, and commercial law, Bernard’s practice focuses on public sector debt financing, securities, venture capital financing and mergers and acquisitions.
He regularly represents debt issuers in their transactions on various markets worldwide. He also has extensive experience advising banks and financial institutions regarding various financing deals.
As part of his practice, Bernard has been an advisor to several technology companies on takeover bids and mergers and acquisitions in the United States and Canada. Furthermore, he represents many fast-growing high-tech companies.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Securities Law, 2018-2020
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Mergers and Aquisitions Law, 2018-2020
- Transfer of a Business: How to Prepare for the Inevitable, Miller Thomson Business Law Conference, October 25, 2016
- Quebec’s Contribution to Canada’s G20 Commitments – New Rules Concerning Derivatives, Miller Thomson LLP, 2013
- Miller Thomson’s Practice Group Chair, Business Law and member of the National Executive Committee
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 1993
- B.C.L., LL.B., McGill University, 1992
- M.A., The Johns Hopkins University (School of Advanced International Studies), 1988
- International Diploma, Economics and Comparative Politics, The University of London (London School of Economics), 1985
- B.A., University of the South, Sewanee, 1984