Banreet assists lawyers and clients as a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Team. She is a listener and a problem solver. Banreet appreciates the way that business needs intersects with the law, and understands that while solutions may not be simple, they must be practical. She works closely with her clients to learn their unique business needs in order to provide pragmatic and personalized advice in a clear and thorough manner. Banreet also provides guidance in the product regulatory, marketing and advertising space.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Banreet practised at a regional corporate firm. During law school, Banreet completed an internship at a law firm in Costa Rica where she gained experience in finding global solutions to local needs. She completed her articles in-house at a large international corporation, and has experience working in the United States.
Banreet provides services such as:
- Transactional work, including asset and share sales
- Drafting commercial agreements
- Providing advice with regulatory compliance issues as well as compliance advice with marketing and advertising, and consumer protection (including label reviews, contests, promotions, and advertising)
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2015
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2013
- MBA, University of Ottawa, 2013
- BBA, Simon Fraser University, 2010