Marie is a Partner with the Edmonton office of Miller Thomson LLP, and a PhD student at the University of Alberta. She completed her LLB at Laval University in Law and obtained an LLM from Sherbrooke University in Health Law and Policies.
Marie was certified as a lawyer in Quebec in 2011 and acted as a legal advisor for a number of health cooperatives in Quebec for a number of years. Her work with health cooperatives resulted in her desire to pursue her research interests including cooperative solutions to the health care access challenge.
In 2015-2016 Marie obtained her common law equivalency allowing her to practice anywhere in Canada. She was admitted to the Law Society of Alberta in October 2016.
Marie has been associated with the Canadian Institute of Research in health law since 2009. Her PhD thesis considers legal issues related to the delivery of health care services through cooperatives.
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2011
- PhD in Law, University of Alberta 2011-Date
- Transfer Exams, Law Society of Alberta 2016
- Certificate of Qualification, Federation of Law Societies 2015-2016
- L.L.M in Law and Health Politics, Sherbrooke University 2009-2010
- Quebec Bar School, Quebec City Institution 2009
- L.L.B in Law, Laval University 2006-2008