Anish is developing a diverse practice as a Corporate Tax Lawyer. He has experience in corporate tax, tax planning, and tax litigation.
Anish addresses client concerns by taking a holistic approach. He addresses each matter by considering his client's specific issues while ensuring they are informed of any underlying concerns that were not initially apparent. This allows Anish to focus on his top priority, client service.
Anish regularly publishes on the taxation of cryptocurrencies. His publications have been cited by David Sherman in the Practitioner's Income Tax Act, McCarthy Tétrault's Canada Tax Service, and Tax Times. His goal is to shed light on this developing area while keeping clients informed of the tax implications of their personal and business activity. Anish looks forward to continue providing insight to broader audiences.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Guest Lecturer, Taxation and Financing, Toronto Metropolitan University, 2023
- “The Celsius bankruptcy and application of the bad debt rules”, January 2023
- “The FTX Collapse”, Taxes & Wealth Management, December 2022
- “Minimizing Tax Losses in Light of Cryptocurrency Market Drops”, Taxes & Wealth Management, October 2022
- “Cryptocurrency and Tax Reporting Obligations”, July 2022
- “Taxation of Cryptocurrencies: The Current Utility of NFTs and their Practical Future-Use Cases”, Taxes & Wealth Management, March 2022
- “Release of draft Canadian tax legislation for public consultation”, February 2022
- “Taxation of Cryptocurrencies: Compensation in Crypto”, Taxes & Wealth Management, December 2021
- “Taxation of Cryptocurrencies: Unnamed Person Requirements and Cryptocurrency Exchanges”, Taxes & Wealth Management, July 2021.
- “The Digital Economy: Social Media Influencers, Video-Game Streamers, and the Platform Economy” Taxes & Wealth Management, March 2021.
- “Proposed limits on employee stock option deductions”, January 2021
- Co-Author with David Chodikoff; 2020 Update of “Tax Consequences of Intellectual Property Matters” in Intellectual Property Disputes: Resolutions and Remedies, Ronald E. Dimock (ed.), Carswell (2002, loose leaf service, 5 volumes).
- “Taxation of Virtual Currencies: OECD Calls for Change to Cryptocurrency Legislation”, Taxes & Wealth Management, December 2020.
- “The Biden Plan: A Necessary Compromise for America, An Opportunity for Canada”, Taxes & Wealth Management, November 2020.
- Founder and Executive Member, Tax Law Society, 2019-2020
- Executive Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Society, 2017-2020
- Moot court coach, Bowman National Tax Moot, 2020-2021
- Moot court coach, Zuber Moot, 2019
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2021
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2020
- J.D., Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2020
- Bachelor of Commerce, York University, June 2017