Andréa Girardin is a banking, corporate, and mergers and acquisitions lawyer with a broad advisory and transactional practice. She provides legal services in both French and English. Having lived and worked in Montreal, Tennessee, Chicago, Upstate New York, and France before settling in Vancouver, Andréa’s diverse experience gives her insight into the needs of local, national, and international clients.
Andréa helps clients with a wide variety of banking and corporate matters, particularly in the areas of:
Financing transactions: acting for financial institutions and other lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured commercial lending transactions, with a particular emphasis on automotive lending, asset-based financing, subordinated debt financing, and entertainment (production-related) financing.
Corporate transactions: acting in the sale or purchase of businesses, transfers of shares or assets, and corporate reorganizations.
General business matters: providing general corporate governance counsel, and assisting with incorporations, share capital alterations, the drafting of shareholders’ agreements and partnership agreements, and the drafting, negotiation and review of major business contracts.
Andréa is the author of the “Corporate Finance” chapter in the BC Company Law Practice Manual, published by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia.
- Author, “Corporate Finance”, BC Company Law Practice Manual, Chapter 7, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, 2016
- Co-Author, “Introduction”, BC Company Law Practice Manual, Chapter 1, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, 2016
- “ ‘Jointly and in Concert’: Alberta court confirms applicability of early warning system in the context of proxy fight,” Securities Practice Notes, Fall 2013
- “Business Planning,” Canadian Young Farmers’ Forum, February 28, 2016
- “Business Organizations: Which Form Is Right for You?” JLT Canada Inc. Education Session, June 16, 2015
- Cornell Club of British Columbia
- Alumni Interviewer, Cornell University Alumni Ambassadors Network
- Former member, Nominations Committee, Ethno Business Council of British Columbia
- Chambre de commerce francophone de Vancouver
- Femmes d’Affaires en Mouvement (through the Société de développement économique de la Colombie-Britannique)
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Banking Law Subsection
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Business Law Subsection
- Canadian Bar Association, National French Speaking Members
- Firm Representative, AdvantageBC
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2013
- LL.B., McGill University, 2012
- B.C.L., McGill University, 2012
- B.A., Cornell University, 2009
- Diplôme du Programme International, L’Institut d’études politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), 2008