Alexandre Hébert is a partner in the Montréal office of Miller Thomson where he practises business law, commercial law and transactional law. He concentrates on emerging company markets, especially corporate sales and acquisitions of enterprises, commercial agreements and risk capital.
Before studying law, Alexandre worked for several Internet services providers in Quebec where he held various technical and engineering positions. This professional experience enabled him to gain practical expertise in the IT industry.
- Represented Les Entreprises Jallex Inc. with respect to the acquisition of a significant equity stake in the company by Gestion Soleno Inc., which together as Soleno Service offers stormwater management network owners a turnkey service in order to meet new provincial regulations regarding maintenance and registration
- Represented the principal shareholder of a group of Canadian companies specializing in airline cargo sales and management doing business as Exp-Air Cargo in the sale of an equity position in Exp-Air to companies owned by ECS Group, a leader in the air cargo industry headquartered in France
- Represented KYU, the strategic vehicle of Hakuhodo DY Holdings, in a transaction in which Toronto-based BEworks, the world’s first firm dedicated to the practice of applying behavioral economics to solving business and governmental challenges, joined the collective
- Represented Quebec-based Groupe CidreCo inc. in its acquisition of the cider divisions of Domaine Pinnacle Inc. and La Face Cachée de la Pomme inc.
- Represented Félix & Paul Studios inc., a world leader in virtual reality cinematographic content production, with a round of financing worth $6,8 million with Comcast Ventures LP, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, LDV Partners and PHI Group inc.
- Represented KYU, the strategic vehicle of Hakuhodo DY Holdings, concerning the acquisition of Sid Lee
- Represented KYU, the strategic vehicle of Hakuhodo DY Holdings, concerning the acquisition of an interest in C2 International inc.
- Represented Groupe CÉGID, a French public corporation, with regards to the acquisition of Technomedia, a Montréal-based company that developed an international software suite in SaaS mode for human resources management for groups, enterprises and public entities
- Represented Fineline Technologies with regards to the acquisition of Source ID, a Montréal-based company specializing in products identification systems
- Represented Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins (CRCD) in acquiring shares of Les Industries Fournier Inc., a project management company based in Thetford Mines
- Represented Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins (CRCD) in acquiring shares of Urécon Ltée, a company based in Coteau-du-Lac which specializes in the production of pre-insulated pipes used for the distribution of refrigerated water
- Represented Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins (CRCD) and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in acquiring shares of Télécon inc., a Montréal-based company which specializes in telecommunications infrastructure solutions concerning
- Represented Les Services EXP inc. the acquisition of Delsaer – Gestionnaires de projets inc., a Montréal-based company working in the industrial, energy, petrochemical, aluminum, in metals and mines field
- Represented Cliniques Médicales Plexo with the sale of their business to Medisys
- Represented Maître Saladier, a company that specializes in the production of frozen and fresh prepared meals, in the sale of their business to Groupe St-Hubert group
- Represented Groupe Option Retraite, a firm managing more than $1,5 billion in assets, with the sale of their business to National Bank of Canada
- Les défis de l’avocat lors de la préparation des ICO (Initial Coin Offering), exigences du TMF et contraintes de l’entrepreneur, with Pascal Leblanc (Ambo Technology) and Me Jean Bernard Ricard (Autorité des marchés financiers), Legal.IT, Young Bar of Montreal, 2018
- Coauthor, Acquisition d’un réseau de fibres optiques – attention : des vérifications additionnelles pourraient s’imposer, L’informateur Immobilier commercial, December 11, 2013
- Young Bar of Montreal
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 2008
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2007
- B.F.A., Concordia University, 2001