Alexander Verrilli has a developing litigation practice. His work on a range of diverse civil matters involving labour and employment, estates and commercial law has had him appearing before the Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Court of Justice, and various boards and tribunals. Prior to entering law school, Alexander worked in clinical research administration, negotiating complex contracts with global pharma companies and international research centres for a major Ottawa-based research institution. In that role, he was called upon to guide the organization’s contract development through statutory frameworks governed by Canada’s Food and Drugs Act and Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act as well as Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act.
Alexander is a strong communicator who is committed to keeping his clients consistently informed throughout the life cycle of their litigation files. Understanding what litigation can be like for clients, he looks for creative solutions that weigh strategic considerations with client objectives in an effort to reach the best possible result and efficient resolution of their issues.
Alexander sits on the board of directors for an Ottawa-based not-for-profit that provides legal resources to local artists. He is an involved community member and volunteers his time to many local charities and initiatives.
- Board Member, Artists’ Legal Services Ottawa, 2017 – Present
- Co-founded the Plain Tiff and the Defendants Award for the Arts scholarship at the University of Ottawa (2018-2019)
- Co-hosted the 2019 Artists’ Legal Services Ottawa Arts Law Symposium
- Board of Directors, Artists’ Legal Services Ottawa
- Chamber of Commerce Greater Kitchener-Waterloo
- Waterloo Regional Law Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2018
- Honours B. Soc.Sc. (Criminology, Psychology minor), University of Ottawa, 2010