Elissa Brock’s practice focuses on corporate and business law, particularly in the area of mergers and acquisitions. She acts for venture capital and private equity funds as well as institutional investors in their portfolio investments, and for corporations in connection with corporate transactions. She also acts for purchasers and vendors in connection with acquisition, merger and restructuring transactions in various industries, including manufacturing, telecommunications, entertainment, video games, technology and artificial intelligence. Elissa has also gained experience working with start-ups as part of the MTech team at Miller Thomson.
- Advised Charter Oak Equity, L.P., of Westport, Connecticut, in conjunction with the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec, of Licaplast Industries – Emballages Inc. (“Licaplast”) of Montréal, Quebec in the acquisition by Licaplast of M’Plast Inc.
- Digital Colony Partners LLC in connection with its Cdn. $720 million acquisition of the Canadian connectivity services and data center businesses of Cogeco Communications Inc.
- Kabam Games Inc. acquisition of Riposte Games & Co
- Microsoft Studios acquisition of Montréal’s Compulsion Games Inc.
- Parex Construction Chemicals Canada Inc. acquisition of C.T.M. Adhesives Inc.
- Board Member of the Lord Reading Law Society
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2019
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- J.D., University of Montreal, 2017
- LL.B., University of Montreal, 2017