Meredith Francis is a Senior Litigation Law Clerk, Fellow Member of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (ILCO) and ILCO Certified Expert in Civil Litigation at Miller Thomson LLP’s Toronto office, with particular focus on the use of technology, eDiscovery and document management. In addition, Meredith offers support in other areas of litigation by assisting with the preparation of all aspects of litigation files.
Meredith has worked in the litigation field since 1996 and brings over 19 years of experience to Miller Thomson as a dedicated litigation law clerk. Meredith’s previous experience includes extensive work in the area of personal injury (with an emphasis on tort litigation) specializing in Plaintiff Civil Sexual Assault, Institutional Abuse and Indigenous Rights, including multi-party and complex litigation cases at all levels of Court. Meredith also has advanced knowledge of a variety of parallel proceedings, such as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (adjunctive tribunal under the umbrella of Social Justice Tribunals Ontario), Criminal investigations and proceedings, as well as various regulatory bodies and related professional misconduct, complaints and disciplinary proceedings.
Meredith has expertise in project management techniques in relation to the life cycle of litigation matters and has extensive experience independently managing and navigating all law clerking duties from intake and pre-litigation through to, and including, trial or resolution. Meredith’s knowledge and efficiency during all aspects of the litigation process ensures clients receive quality, cost-efficient results throughout their actions.
- ILCO Certified Expert in Civil Litigation
- Fellow Member of ILCO
- Commissioner of Oaths for the Province of Ontario
Bar admissions & education
- Legal Administration Diploma (3 Year Law Clerk Program), Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology, (President’s and College Honour Rolls)
- e-Discovery Advanced Theory & Practices for Litigation Support, ILCO Fellowship Course
- ILCO Ethics 101, EthicScan Canada
- Meredith also keeps herself current and up-to-date by regularly attending Continuing Legal Education programs, conferences and webcasts offered through ILCO, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association and the Law Society of Ontario.