Miller Thomson has a long-standing tradition of community service, and pro bono legal services are a key part of that tradition. We encourage lawyers to serve the communities in which we work and live.
Our formalized pro bono program is designed to work with other established pro bono organizations. We supply a full range of legal services, including:
- serving as duty counsel in court programs for self-represented litigants
- working with universities, colleges and accelerator centres to assist students with their personal legal needs as well as their start-up business ideas
- working with community agencies that assist individuals of very modest means
- involvement in law and policy reform and community legal education
- acting for clients on selected files that meet our pro bono policy criteria for litigation assistance or solicitor work for business needs
We are proud to help people and communities who would not otherwise have access to this extended range of legal services.