Steven Chaimberg speaks at the Rapid fire legal roundtable: hot trends and puzzling issues in 60 minutes at the Montréal Real Estate Strategy & Leasing Conference.
A fast-paced session that will cover an assortment of “odds and sods” that people often experience in the leasing process and do not always fully understand. Each issue will be addressed by a legal expert in approximately five minutes, and a debate is sure to ensue with the other experts – and the audience. The questions examined will include:
- Don’t leave me – When does a commercial lease end? What are the consequences of a tenant’s failure to vacate the premises? What recourse do the respective parties have? When does a lease by tolerance exist? An examination of automatic renewal clauses, non-renewal clauses, etc.
- Don’t leave me (again) – Can a landlord force a tenant to continue occupying the premises, even if there is no occupancy clause in the lease?
- Boilerplate clauses: how not paying attention can leave you scalded!
- Brokers, lawyers and notaries: recent case law imposes important advisory duties duties with regard to information contained in public registers. An assessment of the situation.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles: What can tenants require? How do property managers deal with the costs and revenues associated with charging stations? What are the best practices regarding this issue?
- Relocation rights: I still love you, but from a different place!
Stéphanie Beauregard, Real Estate Lawyer, Delegatus Legal Services Inc.
Steven Chaimberg, Partner, Miller Thomson LLP
René Gauthier, Partner, Cain Lamarre LLP
October 12, 2017
Palais des congrès de Montréal