Our Tax lawyers speak at the Canadian Tax Foundation’s 70th Annual Tax Conference:
On November 24, Catherine Brayley is a guest speaker at the Board of Governors Mentorship Dinner Gala. The dinner is an opportunity for young tax practitioners to interact with mentors: tax accountants, lawyers, tax executives, senior government officials, judges and leading academics.
On November 25, Andrew Valentine and Sarah Fitzpatrick lead a “Primer on Taxation Issues in Working with Non Profit Organizations and Registered Charities” workshop covering:
- Current requirements for S. 149(1)(l) – non-profit organization and s. 149.1 registered charity status tax exempt status generally
- Operational issues – Non Profit Organization
- Operational issues for Registered Charities
- CRA Audit Programs
- Other Tax issues such as GST/ HST and payroll
- Structuring of Joint Projects between Non Profits, Charities and For Profits – Case Studies and examples to illustrate the rules.
On November 26, Ron Choudhury presents “Tax Planning for Investments in the Future”, addressing the issues facing private companies and their shareholders as a result of the changes that have been made to the Income Tax Act since 2014 in connection with investments.
November 25, 2018 - November 27, 2018
Vancouver Convention Centre
1055 Canada Place