IBA International Principles on Conduct for the Legal Profession
The IBA International Principles on Conduct for the Legal Profession adopted on 28 May 2011, part of the BIC Programme for Excellence, will inspire legal professionals who are involved in framing of rules, regulations and policies for the legal profession in their jurisdictions. Delegates will learn about some of the key specifications of the content provided in the legal instruments and the challenges facing the legal profession. Participants will have the opportunity to share their experiences and provide examples of best practice in their jurisdiction.
Based on the principle ‘not to advise and be content, but to devise and implement,’ this session is designed for bar associations that are keen to achieve organisational excellence. Associations of lawyers, as well as law firms across Latin American will be welcome to use the IBA legal instruments that make up the Programme for Excellence which offers an approach in identifying organisational strengths and areas of improvement and recognizes successful efforts to implement excellence and best practice.
- James M Klotz Miller Thomson, Toronto; Member, IBA Management Board
- Horacio bernardes-neto Motta Fernandes Rocha Advogados, São Paulo; Chair, IBA Bar Issues Commission
- Gonzalo Guzman-carrasco IBA Legal Projects Team, London
- Marcelo lavocat Galvão President, International Relations Committee of
- Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil, Brasilia
- Juan Javier negri Negri Busso & Fariña Abogados, Buenos Aires
March 13, 2014