Wendi P. Crowe, Rahul Sharma and William J. Fowlis are pleased to invite you to Chambers and Partners’ webinar ‘Dealing with Canada in Wealth, Tax and Succession Planning – Key Considerations’ with Miller Thomson LLP. This is the first in a series of Chambers High Net Worth webinar sessions focusing on cross-border wealth and succession planning.
Miller Thomson LLP will join High Net Worth Editor Simon Christian to discuss:
· An overview of the Canadian tax and succession regime, including “taxable Canadian property’
· Planning opportunities and pitfalls for global families with Canadian connections
· Canada’s new Trust Reporting Rules
· Taxation of non-resident and deemed resident trusts
· Flow-through and alternative business structures in Canada
Date: Thursday, 22 October 2020
Time: 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
If you cannot attend the webinar, you can still register and watch it on-demand 24 hours after the end of the session.
October 22, 2020