For the 5th consecutive year, Miller Thomson has been highly ranked in the 2020 edition of Chambers Canada.
Miller Thomson earned a top “Band 1” ranking for two practice areas, Charities/Non-profits & Agribusiness: Agriculture & Food Products.
Our Charities and Not-For-Profit group is regarded as being “excellent, solution and business oriented, and they give practical legal advice” and is also noted as providing an “integrated service, achieving the best possible outcomes.” Our Agribusiness group is “considered a ‘go-to firm for agribusiness’ by market commentators, the team is valued for its ‘thorough and responsive’ service and ‘its solid knowledge’ as well as its ‘advantageous presence in major Western cities.'”
Miller Thomson also ranked as a leading Canadian law firm in:
The following lawyers were noted by Chambers as leading practitioners in their field of law:
- Louis Amato-Gauci, Transportation: Rail & Road
- Peter Bergbusch, Litigation: General Commercial
- Danielle Bush, Gaming & Licensing
- Bryan Buttigieg, Environment
- John Doolan, Aboriginal
- Hugh R. Dyer, Employment & Labour
- Tamara Farber, Environment
- Mark R. Frederick, Insurance: Dispute Resolution
- David Gerecke QC, Corporate/Commercial
- Sandra Gogal, Aboriginal
- Jeff Grubb QC, Litigation: General Commercial
- Scott Hammel, Construction
- Robert Hayhoe, Charities/Non-profits
- William Kenny QC, Construction; Litigation: General Commercial
- Glen Lekach, Corporate/Commercial
- Susan Manwaring, Charities/Non-profits
- F Paul Morrison, Dispute Resolution: Class Action (Defence); Litigation: General Commercial
- James G. Rumball, Capital Markets: Securitisation
- John Tidball, Environment
- Louis-Michel Tremblay, Construction
- Rick Van Beselaere, Corporate/Commercial
- Lawrence Wilder, REITs
In addition to these band ranked individuals, several of our lawyers were acknowledged as Recognised Practitioners:
- Eric Dufour, Competition/Antitrust
- Tara Piurko, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Savvas Kotsopoulos, Retail
Andrew Valentine is also identified as an Up and Coming Lawyer in the Charities/Non-profits field.
Chambers Canada provides an in-depth analysis of the Canadian legal market, recommending law firms and lawyers in over 40 specialist practice areas. Rankings are based on client feedback, peer interviews and an assessment of recent work highlights.
View the full results here.