Miller Thomson is pleased to announce that 13 lawyers have been recognized for their litigation expertise in the 2017 edition of Benchmark Canada. This is a marked increase over the eight Miller Thomson lawyers who were recognized in last year’s guide and speaks largely to the firm’s broad litigation expertise across the provinces where we have presence.
Benchmark Canada provides extensive coverage of the Canadian litigation market. The guide’s results are the culmination of a four-month research period that allows researchers to conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients. Researchers examine recent case work handled by firms and ask sources to offer their professional opinions on litigators practicing within their province or practice area across the country. Individual litigators are recognized for having strength in a particular practice area, either exclusively, or as a specialty component of their general practice.
The following lawyers were individually recognized as “Litigation Stars”:
- Gordon Plottel – General Commercial, Insolvency
- Wendy Baker, QC – Aboriginal, Construction, General Commercial
- Sarah Hansen – Aboriginal, Environmental, General Commercial
- William Kenny, QC – Construction, General Commercial, Insurance
- Scott Hammel, QC – Automotive, General Commercial
- Peter Bergbusch – Administrative, Arbitration, Defamation, Insurance
- Roger J.F. Lepage – Family, Labor and Employment
- Heather MacMillan-Brown – Estate, General Commercial, Medical Liability, Real Estate
- Reginald Watson – General Commercial, Insurance
- Mark Frederick – Insurance
- Louis-Michel Tremblay – Construction
- Pierre Paquet – General Commercial
- Louise Tremblay – General Commercial, Trusts & Estates Litigation and Dispute Resolution