Catherine Bate, Kelly Harris, Catherine Dennis Brooks and Janet Feasby of Advertising Standards Canada present A One-Stop Marketing & Advertising Law Workshop.
Regulatory enforcement with respect to various marketing practices is on the rise. Consumers are becoming increasingly savvy and holding companies accountable, too. For the sake of both your bottom line and brand reputation, it is important to be on top of this fast-evolving area of law. This free seminar, targeted to advertisers and their legal departments alike, discusses the latest legal developments in areas including:
- Performance claims and substantiation
- Price advertising and policies
- Astroturfing and influencers: who is speaking for your brand?
- Social and e-marketing
- Contest disasters, and how to avoid them
- What changes to the Trademarks Act mean for your brand
- Privacy, CASL, and managing your customer lists
- PLUS: Hear about trends in consumer ad complaints from Advertising Standards Canada
Date: Monday, May 2, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Breakfast and Registration
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Presentation
Location: Miller Thomson LLP, Scotia Plaza, 40 King Street West, Suite 5800, Toronto
Register early! Space is limited for this free seminar.
May 2, 2016
Deadline: April 20, 2016