*Page updated September 15, 2022
On August 29, 2022, Alberta’s Prompt Payment and Construction Lien Act was proclaimed, modernizing the builders’ lien framework in the province. Accompanying the proclamation date are regulations which further elaborate the prompt payment and adjudication system created by the revisions.
Originally presented May 11, 2022, this seminar provides an overview of the changes, and critical insight on what your organization can and should be doing to prepare.
The overview includes:
- prompt payment procedures, including requirements for “proper invoices”;
- new provisions relating to holdback release and Certificates of Substantial Performance;
- updated lien timelines and changes to types of lienable work;
- access to information; and
- adjudication timelines and dispute processes.
These amendments merit discussion as they represent an important development for the rights and obligations of parties involved in construction projects in Alberta at all levels.
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the recording, please email email@example.com
May 11, 2022