Miller Thomson is pleased to partner with the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) in our webinar coverage.
Canada / USA Cross-Border Topics
A review of recent CRA guidance and relief relating to tax issues arising to businesses and its employees from travel restrictions imposed due to COVID-19. Including in discussion, income tax residency, carrying on business in Canada, cross-border employment income, waiver requests for payments to non-residents for services provided in Canada, and dispositions of taxable Canadian property by non-residents of Canada.
A review of securities regulations and impact on Canadian citizens residing in the US and US citizen residing in Canada. How a change in residency can affect personal investments such as IRA’s, Investment accounts and PFIC regulations.
An overview and the state of U.S. immigration work visas/status and cross-border travel. The US immigration cross border impact of COVID-19 and the President Proclamation of June 23, 2020 and Proclamation Amendment issued on June 29, 2020.
The group will provide a moderated 45 minute discussion, followed by a 15 minute question and answer period.
(Participants intending to claim CPD credits are required to register individually and participate in the live webinar)
- Ontario: This program is eligible for up to 1.0 Substantive Hour.
- Saskatchewan: 1.0 CPD Hour.
- Alberta: Consider adding this program to your annual CPD Plan.
- British Columbia: 1.0 CPD Hour.
- Rick Tachuk | National Chairman, AmCham Canada – Moderator
- Dan Kiselbach | Partner, International Trade and Customs, Miller Thomson LLP
- Elizabeth Hurly | Financial Advisor, Hurly Wealth Advisory of Raymond James Ltd.
- Ellen S. Kief | U.S. Immigration Law, Counsel, Miller Thomson LLP
- Elena Hanson | Managing Director, Hanson Crossborder Tax Inc.
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PST
July 14, 2020